On Wednesday, the 33-year-old denied an allegation that he raped Kathryn Mayorga in 2009 in Las Vegas.
"The players are very motivated to play these matches for the national team".
Having not had a summer off, the veteran attacker is also aware of the need to manage his body and rest up to perform at his best for Juventus.
On Thursday, Portugal coach Fernando Santos said Ronaldo also will not be called up for the next round of global games in November.
Ronaldo - arguably the best player in the world - was left off the roster for an October 11 match against Poland and an October 14 game against Scotland.
Relief for Pep Guardiola after Manchester City overcome fear factor
Valencia striker Rodrigo Moreno says the players won't be underestimating Champions League opponents Manchester United . Manchester City have got off to a strong start in the Premier League , picking up 19 points in their first seven games.
Few days back as well, the Juventus player denied raping an American woman in a Instagram live video and called it fake news.
"Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense".
Santos said the decision was taken after a three-way conversation between him, Ronaldo and the head of the Portuguese football federation. "For the next two squad selections, this one and the one next month, Ronaldo won't be with us". He did not divulge the reason for Ronaldo's absence in the near-term, but did say he would return to action for Portugal eventually.
Las Vegas police are reopening their investigation into the assault allegations.
The Juventus forward also missed Portugal's first two post-World Cup matches last month, with coach Fernando Santos saying Ronaldo had only just moved to the Italian club and was still settling down there.
Photos show Mayorga and Ronaldo partying at a Las Vegas hotel that year.