Some of the injuries have occurred while the e-cigarettes were in use, while others when they were simply being kept in pockets. They placed a dental plate to help stabilize his injured lower jawbone.
In 2018, more than 3.6 million US middle and high school students used e-cigarettes within 30 days of being surveyed, including 4.9 percent of middle school students and 20.8 percent of high school students, according to the CDC.
Doctors said they'd have to drive 200 miles to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City.
Six weeks later, at a follow-up appointment, doctors found he was healing well, and the wires were removed from his jaw. Thankfully, he has already started healing according to Russell.
Another doctor, Dr Jonathan Skirko, who treated Adams said that it was the first time he had ever seen such an injury. He has also made a decision to completely quit all cigarettes after the incident.
This week, The New England Journal of Medicine published the details of the March 2018 incident.
One study published in 2018 estimated that more than 2,000 e-cigarette explosion and burn injuries sent users to US hospital emergency departments from 2015 to 2017.
"I just looked at him and said, 'Get in the vehicle'".
USA comfortably beats Sweden and sets another Women’s World Cup record
Spain's profile on the global stage has grown under coach Jorge Vilda, who took over following the team's World Cup debut in 2015. The match may have been a confidence boost for No. 13 Spain , because it was able to hang with the world's top-ranked team.
According to Gregory Conley, president of the American Vaping Association, "The vast majority of vaping devices on the market carry the same fire risk as other products that use lithium-ion batteries, such as cellphones and laptops".
Russell told NBC News the victim had no inkling there was anything wrong with the device and that its meltdown was "totally unexpected". Between the years of 2015 and 2017, 2000 e-cigarette injuries have been reported and the worst outcome has been death. A year earlier, another 14-year-old was blinded after an e-cigarette exploded in a Brooklyn mall, according to CNN affiliate WPIX.
"He's still missing all those teeth, but he's hoping to get them fixed this summer", she added.
Statistics show that there were more than 133 injuries from e-cigarettes, vaporisers and other similar devices were reported in the US between 2009 and 2016.
Last year, R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company initiated a voluntary recall of 2.6 million power units for fire risk, but the FDA - which has regulatory jurisdiction over e-cigarettes - has not mandated any e-cigarette recalls in response to the recent explosions. "He said he was just [using] it like regular and it just exploded".
Buy vape devices with safety features such as vent holes and protection against overcharging. E-cigarettes can cause a lot of health damage and can be risque.