The North fired two short-range ballistic missiles from South Hwanghae Province in the western part of the country, South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a statement. They were the fourth set of launches since 25 July.
"South Korean and USA intelligence authorities believe that these short-range missiles bear similar flight features to the ballistic missiles North Korea test-fired on July 25", the JCS said, adding that analysis is underway to determine their exact type.
In a statement the JCS indicated that officials are "monitoring the situation in case of additional launches".
Many experts believe Pyongyang is trying to raise the pressure on Washington to gain leverage in any new negotiations. Today's launch comes after the hermit state fired missiles 220 km (135 miles), reaching an altitude of 25 km (15 miles) on Friday.
North Korea frequently lashes out against US-South Korea military exercises, which it considers a preparation for invasion. North Korean state media also confirmed Kim Jong-un oversaw the firing of what it described as a new large-calibre, multiple-launch guided rocket system last Wednesday.
Meanwhile, North Korea has generated an estimated $2bn for its weapons of mass destruction programmes using "widespread and increasingly sophisticated" cyber attacks to steal from banks and crypto-currency exchanges, according to a confidential United Nations report.
We are still awaiting information on what time the projectiles were launched, how far they flew and what kind of missile they were.
But the persistent saber rattling was testing his patience.
Facebook, Instagram went down in several parts of the world
While Facebook has owned the two apps from a long time now, both apps have been functioning independently until now. According to the report , the new names will be visible only on the pages of app store on both Android and iOS .
The Security Council has unanimously imposed sanctions on North Korea since 2006 in a bid to choke funding for Pyongyang's nuclear and ballistic missile programmes.
North Korea has slowly been increasing its threats and provocations - a strategy analysts say is created to increase pressure on Washington and Seoul without completely derailing the talks. "This is a serious threat and serious challenge to our country", Kyodo news agency quoted Iwaya as saying.
"Although the USA and South Korean authorities are playing all sorts of tricks to justify the joint military exercise, its aggressive nature can neither be covered up nor whitewashed in any manner", it said.
The annual drills have been kept low key but North Korea says they violate agreements reached with President Donald Trump and South Korea's President Moon Jae-in.
"All the above facts prove that the US and South Korean authorities do not have political will at all to implement the joint statements whereby they committed to improve the DPRK-US relations and the inter-Korean relations, and that they remain unchanged in their position to continue to face us as an enemy", the spokesman said.
"(The applicant) can still enter the country after obtaining a visa that suits the goal of the visit", a ministry official said.
North Korea's fourth round of weapons launches in less than two weeks came amid a standstill in nuclear negotiations and after President Donald Trump repeatedly dismissed the significance of the country's recent tests despite the threat the weapons pose to ally South Korea and USA bases there.
Trump has frequently touted the suspension of the testing activity as progress in talks that began past year. The leaders agreed to resume working-level nuclear talks that stalled since February, but there have been no known meetings between the two sides since then.