The Nahid-1 is reportedly the telecommunication satellite. The disclaimer comes on the backdrop of well-known cyber efforts by the United States to disrupt Iran's nuclear and missile programs; not only during the Trump administration but starting years earlier.
The high-resolution black-and-white image showed the purported launch pad, and Mr. Trump stated in his tweet that the accident had occurred "during final launch preparations for the Safir SLV Launch at Semnan Launch Site One in Iran".
"I wish Iran best wishes and good luck in determining what happened at Site One", the president wrote.
According to the image Trump tweeted, there was damage and scorching to the gantry service tower, the mobile-erector-launcher, a propellant burner trailer and two support vehicles.
The New York Times reported this week that the U.S. staged a secret cyber attack in June against a database used by Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps to plot attacks on oil tankers in the Gulf, the latest in an ongoing cyber conflict between the U.S. and Iran. A US official confirmed the launch failure to the outlet.
Dave Burbach, a professor at the US Naval War College, said that the "quality of image Trump tweeted appears beyond the capabilities US has previously been willing to demonstrate to public".
However, "this step, just like the other ones, will be reversible", he added.
Facing media criticism for publishing a presumably "classified" image, the president resolved the question hours later on Friday night on his way to Camp David by noting, "We had a photo, and I released it, which I have the absolute right to do".
Huge Crude Oil Draw Sends Oil Prices Higher
The lines will eventually have a combined total capacity of more than 1 million barrels per day (bpd), the companies have said. Cheaper rates will encourage greater flows to the coast and reduce deliveries into Cushing, analysts said.
Jahromi, a rising politician in Iran's Shiite theocracy, responded to Trump in a tweet early Saturday with a selfie next to Iran's Nahid-1 at a lab in Tehran.
A USA defense official told CNBC that the picture, which appeared to be a snapshot of a physical copy of the satellite image, was included in an intelligence briefing on Friday.
The incident marked Iran's third failed attempt this year to launch a rocket.
Mr Rouhani said Iran had two priorities: for all parties to the JCPOA to fully implement their obligations and "securing the safety of all free maritime transportation in all waterways including the Persian Gulf and Strait of Hormuz". 'As you know they were going to set off a big missile and it didn't turn out too well.
"We agreed on what we wanted to say jointly on Iran", Reuters quoted Macron as saying.
The United States has criticized Iran's space program as a cover for ballistic missile development. Trump as president can declassify material.
President Hassan Rouhani spoke with French counterpart Emmanuel Macron on Saturday, warning him Iran would take the next step in reducing its nuclear commitments unless Europe lives up to its own undertakings.
Tehran has made no official comment on the indications from aerial photos that the rocket exploded on the launch pad in northern Iran.