"The operation altered the equation of power in this war in favor of Yemen", Bukhaiti said, adding that the successful operation was a result of the advances in Yemen's missile, aerial and air defense capabilities that were reflected in the battlefield.
Tens of thousands of people have died in the war and millions of people are at risk of starvation and disease in the Arabian Peninsula's poorest nation.
"It simply can not be verified right now, but it certainly doesn't look like the number of POWs is in the "thousands", despite Yahya Saria claiming that 2,000 have been captured", he told Middle East Eye.
The extraordinary claims at a press conference on Sunday, involving still photographs and inconclusive videos of captured soldiers, many not in uniform, could not be corroborated, and there was no independent confirmation from Saudi Arabia. Houthis claimed responsibility for the strike, but Riyadh has accused Iran of standing behind the incident.
A Saudi-led coalition that included the UAE has been fighting the Houthis since 2015 on behalf of the internationally recognized government.
Saudi Arabia, which leads a coalition that has been battling the Houthis, has not responded to Saturday's Houthi announcement that they had carried out the attack.
Prince Harry walks across Angolan minefield to reconnect with Princes Diana's legacy
Today, with the support of @thehalotrust, Angola now has a stated aim under the Treaty to be clear of known mines by 2025. Diana , Princess of Wales, talks to former government soldiers at an orthopaedic centre outside Luanda, Angola .
Houthi-run Al Masirah TV quoted the spokesman as saying the Iran-aligned movement had captured "thousands" of enemy troops, including many officers and soldiers of the Saudi army, as well as hundreds of armoured vehicles.
"This is the largest operation since aggression started on our country", Sarie said.
It would also help bring credibility to the Houthis' claims that they had orchestrated the largest ever assault on Saudi oil facilities, on September 14, which temporarily shut down oil production and rattled the global economy.
Earlier this month, the Houthis claimed an attack on major Saudi oil facilities, but Saudi Arabia and the United States blamed the attack on Iran, a regional rival of Riyadh. "The coalition has yet to respond to the proposal".
Houthis offered a truce with the Saudis As a recent report notes: "The Houthis said on September 20 they would halt missile and drone attacks on Saudi Arabia if the alliance stopped its operations".
He sharply criticized Iranian-backed Houthi rebels who control much of the country's north and the United Arab Emirates, which supports forces seeking their own nation in the south. The UN says over 24 million Yemenis are in dire need of humanitarian aid, including 10 million suffering from extreme levels of hunger.