World number one Djokovic said hosting the tournament would be impossible due to "extreme" COVID-19 protocols, but Evans said there has to be some "give and take" from the players.
Speaking to Serbia's state broadcaster RTS on Tuesday, Djokovic said the restrictions that would be in place for the Grand Slam tournament in NY because of the coronavirus pandemic would be "extreme" and not "sustainable".
"We would not have access to Manhattan, we would have to sleep in hotels at the airport, to be tested twice or three times per week", said Djokovic.
World number one Djokovic thinks some of the safety protocols are "extreme", and having only one person on site with him would be "really impossible".
The 33-year-old, speaking to Prva TV in his native Serbia, added: "I mean, you need your coach, then a fitness trainer, then a physiotherapist".
"I spoke to world tennis officials just yesterday, we discussed the continuation of the season, but most about the US Open".
The ATP is now seeking the views of the players, with the United States Tennis Association likely to decide in the second half of June whether the US Open can go ahead this year.
World No.2 Rafael Nadal said earlier this week that he is not now prepared to travel overseas for tournaments due to global health fears and quarantine restrictions.
Both the ATP and WTA tours remain on hiatus through July as dozens of tournaments have been scrapped, including Wimbledon.
The U.S. Open will be the first Grand Slam to be played after the novel coronavirus outbreak, and will be followed by the French Open which was moved to September. "Today", he said, "I will say, 'No.' In a couple of months?" "But the question is, how many players are willing to accept those terms?"
Dan Evans, who is ranked 28th, disagreed, saying having a one-person-per-player restriction is not "such a big deal".
"I am confident that if the tournament is played, it's going to be under extremely safe circumstances".
"There has to be a bit of give and take from the players, there are rumours that the US Open really need this to go ahead and I think as tennis players we should give something back and get out there and play".
The U.S. Open organisers are evaluating precaution for the competition set up to start onAug 31 without viewers after the COVID-19 pandemic stalled the season in March. His argument isn't really valid for the rest of the draw, apart from the real top guys.
It is also encouraging news for USTA staff, as the cancellation of the US Open would be a financial catastrophe leading to widespread lay-offs.
Australian star Ashleigh Barty shared her concerns as well for committing to travel to the USA for any events, should they remain on the 2020 schedule.
J.K. Rowling’s tweets on transgender people spark outrage
J.K Rowling has come under fire on Twitter after celebrities accused her of being transphobic in a series of tweets . I'd march with you if you were discriminated against on the basis of being trans, Rowling wrote on Twitter .